Ships to Shore by Fierce Creatures
This gallery contains 2 photos.
Meet Claudia, my sock puppet. She has the phrase, “No nonsense” tatooed on her inner lip (Not really but she likes to think she’s bad ass. And by she I actually mean me).
- Ciceros business card with some AT&T businessman’s email on it. Somewhat related: I just ran into Ken, a regular customer at Ciceros at Safeway. I didn’t know if he would recognize me without my Cicero’s shirt and I didn’t want to freak him out so I just casually passed by. Much to my surprise, he stopped me to say hello and ask how I was doing!
- Packet of Chamomile Lemon Tea (stolen from a greek restaraunt in Los Gatos, called Opa!, that serves delicious rice) with the quote “Breath embraces sunshine. I drink the moment.”
- Packet of Earl Gray Tea (stolen from the same greek restaraunt) with the quote “Wisdom steeps in youthful moments.”
- Three packets of sugar from Renaud’s Bakery in Santa Barbara, each with a quote on the back. “Find peace not in what you are given but in who you are.” “Put your faith and not your fears in charge.” “Success is when we turn our stumbling block into building blocks.” As you can see, I’m a sucker for cheezeball quotes on food packages.
- Eleven packets of sugar, not including the three aforementioned packets.
- Mini Mr. Goodbar that has been in my purse for quite a long time. I’m pretty sure its melted and resolidified one time too many. Even so, I keep it in my purse in case I get super hungry OR am accosted by someone who is deathly allergic to peanuts.
- Three bobby pins (two normal, one embellished with a small blue jewel) clipped onto a piece of red-orange paper folded into quarters.
- Movie stubs for the following movies: Horrible Bosses, Tree of Life (wrapped in a Red Robins receipt for 2 pounds worth of fries), Harry Potter (later movie hopped to Friends with Benefits), Super 8, Hangover 2.
- Permit with a lulz worthy picture of me. I made the maximum amount of errors on my messy, marked up written test. The corrector was not amused, but I was.
- Safeway receipts for english muffins, brown mushrooms, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, strawberries, raspberries, greek yogurt, and mozarella cheese.
- Cicero’s work schedule.
- Broken ear pieces from my sunglasses. R.I.P.
- Ticket from a parking lot in Santa Barbara.
- A sharpie.
Chatted it up with Michaels’ employees (one named Michael HAR HAR who, like me, never owned sea monkies or an ant farm), made a popsicle stick bird house (pictures later), inhaled hot glue fumes, and responded to the nickname Agent Tit. All in all a faboosh Saturday night.
1. Make a popsicle stick house
2. Learn a new song on my ukulele
3. Practice drawing eyes
4. Grill zucchinis
5. Finish “Everything is Illuminated”
6. Make spaghetti-o’s playlist
7. Locate and purchase a Skip-it and a Bop-it
8. Relearn how to play Cats Cradle
9. Successfully complete a friendship bracelet
That was a good weekend.
Saturday: Fireside Café with Sofia! Fireside Café has the best customer service and gelato. My breakfast wrap was pretty bomb as well. Friendship bracelet making (carrot themed chinese staircase bracelet and my double chevron not really bracelet). Thimble friends! Night adventures with pretty groovy company. Not frolicking in tick infested fields. Caribou, Animal Collective, and Jonsi!!!! Gah magical.
Sunday: Cafe Adria work session. It’s a Grind continuation of work session. Making it rain fries. Tree of Life (taking oh I don’t know four tries to get ourselves into the movie theater without laughing and causing a scene) was quite interesting. Hunters Point for the sunset! (Oh my god! My sunglasses make the sky look like the sun is setting!) Good talks about Tree of Life, relationships, worries, religion.
Hans Zimmer is magical.
Fell asleep to this song a while back. Had the most intense secret agent dream ever.